Sunday, October 9, 2011

Week 5 Predictions

I am running a little close to game time this week. I have not had time to do out-of-class writing all week so I never did get a chance to post a recap of week 4, and now I have less than an hour to get this week’s predictions up before the games start.

I was 11-5 with my predictions last week, bringing my season total to 40-24. This is the first bye week of the season, so there are only thirteen games being played this weekend. My predicted winners are in bold.

Sunday, October 9

1:00pm
New Orleans @ Carolina

Kansas City @ Indianapolis

Kansas City finally got their first taste of victory last week against Minnesota. They want more and even though Curtis Painter looked pretty decent last week, I do not have enough faith in him or the Colts to pick them to win any games yet.

Philadelphia @ Buffalo

This is a bit of an upset pick. Buffalo fell to Cincinnati last week, but that may have just been a trap game. Philadelphia is has not impressed so far and they have lost more than just one game they should have won.

Seattle @ New York Giants

Cincinnati @ Jacksonville

The Bengals have the second best rookie quarterback so far this year and Jacksonville still has not found their identity as a team.

Tennessee @ Pittsburgh

The Titans are hot, but Pittsburgh needs the win and they are at home. I think the Steelers will pull out a close one, though I do consider this a bit of an upset pick on my part.

Oakland @ Houston

Arizona @ Minnesota

4:05pm
Tampa Bay @ San Francisco

I really do not know what makes me pick San Francisco here. I have been on the Tampa Bay bandwagon since the end of last season, but I am going with the 49ers today.

4:15pm
New York Jets @ New England

I think the Jets have a shot with this matchup at home, but their offense has not been any more impressive than New England’s defense, and Brady shook off his 4-INT week 3 performance last week against Oakland (though it was not a phenomenal game for him). Look for Brady to have a big game today.

San Diego @ Denver

The Chargers have not been overly impressive so far, but the Broncos are reeling and the Chargers should pounce on this opportunity to really take control of the division with Oakland likely losing to Houston.

8:20pm
Green Bay @ Atlanta

This should be a great game and I am excited for it, but despite the Falcons looking to make up for their loss last year in the playoffs, the Packers are just too good in my opinion.

Monday, October 10

8:30pm
Chicago @ Detroit

No doubt in my mind here. Detroit has the better defense and the better offense, plus they are at home tomorrow night. Chicago is good enough to potentially keep this game close but Detroit should pull this one out.


Hopefully I will have some free time this week to recap this weekend’s games. My class schedule will not be quite as crazy so I should have time to get a post up. As always, thanks for reading and enjoy this weekend’s NFL action!

No comments:

Post a Comment