Sunday, October 23, 2011

Week 7 Predictions

This week is going to be a very important week in the NFL with many teams looking to keep playoff hopes alive and others hoping to save face. Last week I was 9-4 with my predictions, leaving me 59-31 for the season so far.

Below are my predictions for this week. Predicted winners are in bold.

Sunday, October 23

1:00pm
Denver @ Miami

San Diego @ New York Jets

I have begun to lose faith in Philip Rivers for this season, but the Chargers running game has been very solid and I have less faith in the Jets offense than I do in the Chargers offense. The Jets have been fairly solid for the most part on defense but I think San Diego will win a close one today.

Houston @ Tennessee

Atlanta @ Detroit

The Lions took a small step back last week against San Francisco, but the 49ers are having a good year and I do not think that game exposed the Lions as pretenders as much as it exposed San Francisco to be contenders. Atlanta has not really gotten things rolling yet and I think Detroit has the upper hand in this matchup pretty much across the board.

Washington @ Carolina

This is a tough pick for me to make. The Redskins have had a lot of trouble with running quarterbacks in the past, and Cam Newton is quickly proving to be one of the best running quarterbacks in the game, maybe even better than Michael Vick because he’s probably a better passer. But the Panthers defense has a lot of holes. Granted, the Redskins are starting John Beck this week and nobody really knows what to expect, but I figure he is not going to throw four picks this week and that in itself may be enough to put the Skins on top.

Chicago @ Tampa Bay

Seattle @ Cleveland

4:05pm
Pittsburgh @ Arizona

Kansas City @ Oakland

4:15pm
Green Bay @ Minnesota

St. Louis @ Dallas

8:20pm
Indianapolis @ New Orleans

Monday, October 24

8:30pm
Baltimore @ Jacksonville

Unfortunately, the past several weeks have been too busy for me to break away between classes, practices, and homework to write recaps of the weeks’ action. I will try to find time this week but do not be surprised if you do not see anything new until next Sunday, as has been the case recently. Thank you for reading, your support is appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment