Monday, September 2, 2013

A Football Life



In addition to watching football games and writing about them, I am a big fan of fantasy football. I am the commissioner of an ESPN league, and if you listen to Football Freaks and The All-Sports Crew, you’ve heard my co-hosts and me talking about it.

So throughout this season, along with covering the Redskins, Ravens and other members of the NFL, I thought it would be fun to publicize my fantasy football league.

We held our league’s first draft last night and 11 of our 12 members were present.

Brandon Saunders held the fourth pick of the draft and, in my opinion, had the best draft of anyone in the league despite reaching for Drew Brees in the first round. He won the last championship in our previous league, so he’s looking to open the new league with a bang. With Chris Johnson at running back, Fitzgerald, Bowe and Smith at receiver and Witten at tight end, he’ll put up plenty of points each week.

Other draft winners included Anthony Battle, Sean Kennedy and William Massimini, all of whom happen to be in the same division. One team from each division makes the playoffs, so the NFC West should be interesting to watch this season.

Every Wednesday during the season I will post a brief update on A Football Life, of course named after the NFL Films series.

Tomorrow I will publish my preview of Thursday night’s matchup between the Ravens and Broncos. Wednesday I will preview some of the weekend’s best matchups, and Thursday I will publish this week’s game predictions.

We will predict Thursday’s game on The All-Sports Crew, Wednesday at 7pm on WMUC Sports. We will add in our other picks during Friday’s Football Freaks podcast.

Follow me on Twitter, @cpuffnfl, or just click the button on the side of the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment