Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Monday Night Football Afterword: Cardinals vs 49ers

The Cardinals failed to protect their home field against
NFC West rival, San Francisco, on Monday Night.

Unfortunately, Hurricane Sandy kept me busy during all but the final seven minutes of the game last night. My bedroom window in my apartment was leaking quite badly (it’s currently under control and hopefully will stay under control until someone can come take a look at it). I don’t mean to whine too much, I know there are plenty out there in much worse shape than I am, and know my prayers are going out for you.

However, it does mean I don’t have much to say about the game. San Francisco took care of business. I expected it to be close but I felt that the offensive troubles the 49ers have been dealing with would only be magnified against a very good Arizona defense. That didn’t happen as Alex Smith had one of the most efficient games of any quarterback this year.

Smith completed 18 passes. 18 passes in 19 attempts, and the one incompletion was a dropped pass by an open receiver. I don’t care that I didn’t get to see all of them, and I don’t care how many short passes those completions came on, you can’t have a much more efficient game than that. His passer rating was 157.1 – a perfect passer rating is 158.3.

San Francisco blew the Cardinals out of their home stadium and extended their lead in the NFC West with all three of their division rivals losing this week. We will see if they can maintain it, but with how inconsistent the other three teams have looked, I don’t think any of them will catch the 49ers during the second half of the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment