Sunday, August 5, 2012

2012-13 Postseason Predictions, Part I: Final Regular Season Standings


Hello everyone, and welcome back to football! It has been a long off-season and I’ve been avoiding ESPN so that I could truly get away from the NFL for awhile and focus on other sports, from my two favorite teams among the leaders in their respective leagues within the MLB to watching extensive coverage of the 2012 Tour de France and the 2012 London Olympics.

I am now well rested and ready to dive back into the wonderful world of the National Football League, and with tonight’s Hall of Fame Game between the Arizona Cardinals and the New Orleans Saints just moments away, I have my predictions for the final regular season standings for the 2012 NFL season.

My postseason predictions are still a few days away (I had to rush to try and complete this in time for tonight’s game), but I’ll have both done before the first official preseason game, between the Bills and Redskins, begins at 7 p.m. Thursday.

Here are my 2012 NFL final standings predictions:

AFC

AFC East

Buffalo Bills (7-9)
Miami Dolphins (7-9)
New England Patriots (15-1)
New York Jets (6-10)

AFC North

Baltimore Ravens (12-4)
Cincinnati Bengals (5-11)
Cleveland Browns (3-13)
Pittsburgh Steelers (12-4)

AFC South

Houston Texans (12-4)
Indianapolis Colts (7-9)
Jacksonville Jaguars (5-11)
Tennessee Titans (5-11)

AFC West

Denver Broncos (10-6)
Kansas City Chiefs (3-13)
Oakland Raiders (4-12)
San Diego Chargers (10-6)


NFC

NFC East

Dallas Cowboys (9-7)
New York Giants (8-8)
Philadelphia Eagles (11-5)
Washington Redskins (7-9)

NFC North

Chicago Bears (9-7)
Detroit Lions (11-5)
Green Bay Packers (13-3)
Minnesota Vikings (7-9)

NFC South

Atlanta Falcons (11-5)
Carolina Panthers (8-8)
New Orleans Saints (9-7)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers (5-11)

NFC West

Arizona Cardinals (5-11)
San Francisco 49ers (12-4)
Seattle Seahawks (4-12)
St. Louis Rams (5-11)


By Thursday I will have predictions concerning the postseason, including which 9-7 team in the NFC I predict to be playing in January, as well as which teams I believe could upset my picks, or even blow them out of the water, on the way to a surprising 2012-13 playoff run.

As always I appreciate all of you reading this. As I continue to work on improving my writing style, it is having all of you read these posts that keeps me motivated to continue writing this blog. I hope you continue to read my work and of course comments, both positive and critical, are very much appreciated. Enjoy the NFL Season!!

No comments:

Post a Comment