Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Pre-Season Week 3 Look-back


Between moving in for my third year of college and some other stuff, I’ve been kept very busy the past week or so, which is why I never published a Things You Need to Know post leading into the third week of the preseason. I will try to publish one for this upcoming week tomorrow.

The Packers notched their first win of the preseason, beating the Bengals in Cincinnati on Thursday night. The Ravens and Titans won the other Thursday games, Baltimore blowing out Jacksonville at home and Tennessee edging the Cardinals by five points, also at home.

I missed most of the Friday action, which is a shame because there was a lot to miss. The Eagles are one game away from an undefeated preseason, while the Falcons got their first win this August while keeping the ‘Fins winless. Seattle is also undefeated in the preseason, with their latest victory a 44-14 humiliation of the Chiefs. Not much should be expected of Kansas City, but the Seahawks shouldn’t have taken them down that soundly.

The other two Friday games saw the Bears edge the Giants in New York and the Chargers stay unbeaten with a 12-10 win in Minnesota.

As a Redskins and a Colts fan, I’m sure you can imagine I thoroughly enjoyed their matchup on Sunday afternoon. RGIII bounced back nicely from an underwhelming performance against the Bears. Meanwhile Luck also played a great game, showing great presence and awareness. The shock for me was Rex Grossman going 8/8 for 127 yards and 2 scoring passes. Preseason or not, Colts backup defense or not, it was a shock to the system.

The other Saturday game saw the Saints host the Texans. The Saints got their second preseason win in four tries (they played in the Hall of Fame Game) in their 34-27 victory.

The third week was closed out on Sunday with the 49ers winning in Denver and the Panthers keeping the Jets winless by winning in New York.

For those of you in Maryland, especially around the College Park area, be sure to keep a look out for some posts on my blog’s Facebook and Twitter pages concerning an on-campus radio show I plan to do with a couple friends of mine. We have a meeting concerning the show this evening so hopefully we will be getting on air within the next week or two.

Thanks for reading, find me on Facebook and Twitter to keep up with my blog as I update it. I know my posts haven’t been the most interesting so far this preseason, mostly providing scores, but once the regular season rolls in and I can focus on starters without feeling like I need to mention backups and third stringers, these posts will get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment