Tuesday, February 5, 2013

2013 NFL Offseason

Peyton Manning was one of the biggest offseason stories in 2012.
What stories will share the spotlight in 2013?
Photo credit to Bustasports.

First I would like to thank everyone for reading my updates throughout the 2012 regular season and playoffs. Since September my blog has had over 9,900 page views after getting just 2,000 over the previous two NFL seasons combined. My blog posts show up regularly on Bing and Yahoo searches now, and Google is gradually getting me hits as well. So continue your support by reading my updates throughout the 2013 offseason so I can get my name out there. This is what I want to do full-time in a few years and just by reading my updates you are helping me get closer to that goal. So thank you!


This offseason I will be much more active than I have been in the past. During the 2011 offseason I spent eight weeks writing about what I thought each team needed to do during the spring and summer to have success the following year. I did not do that during the 2012 offseason but I will do something similar this year. Rather than going team by team, I will do it division by division.

I follow the entire NFL very closely, but because I cover the whole league I only know a handful of teams intimately, particularly the Redskins and Colts (my favorite teams), the Broncos (because I am a very big Peyton Manning fan) and the other playoff teams.

So as I go through the divisions and write about what I think each team needs to address this offseason, feel free to correct me or to inform me of team needs I do not talk about. All I ask is that you do so respectfully.

Mondays during the offseason will be my day to update you all on NFL-related stories of the previous week that I did not cover individually.

I will be taking the rest of this week off and I will only write on weekends for major news stories, such as the NFL Draft. Other than that I will be writing pretty much every day so be sure to check back regularly.

Again, thank you so much for following my blog all season and for giving me constructive feedback. Enjoy the rest of the college basketball, NBA and NHL seasons, and of course players start reporting for MLB training camps soon so enjoy that season, as well.

To keep up with new blog posts, ‘like’ my Facebook page and follow me on Twitter, @cpuffnfl. Also, be sure to listen to my radio show, The All-Sports Crew, Wednesdays from 7-8 p.m. on WMUC Sports. Congrats to the Super Bowl XLVII Champion Baltimore Ravens and good luck to all 32 teams that will start 2013 with a clean slate at 0-0.

No comments:

Post a Comment