Monday, February 11, 2013

2013 Offseason Update, Week 1

Gregg Williams has a new look that we can only hope corresponds to a
new motivational philosophy. Photo credit to titansonline.com.

We are now a full week into the offseason and I’m already having dreams of pre-season starting, a sure sign I’m going through withdrawal.

I’m not sure yet what I will write about for the rest of this week, but today I am just going to cover a few of the big stories from last week that some of you may not have seen.

Because I took the past few days off from writing, my flow may be a little off today.  Forgive me while I get back into the swing of things.

Anquan Boldin Done?

Joe Flacco’s upcoming contract has been over-covered and over-analyzed since winning MVP for Super Bowl XLVII. The problem with his raise is that either Jacoby Jones or Anquan Boldin may not get new contracts because of cap limitations. Boldin said last week that if he does not get a new contract, he will retire. He says he will never put on a uniform other than that of the Ravens.

Michael Vick Remains an Eagle

This one just came in today. Vick signed a 1-year contract that could be worth up to $10 million, though I would assume too many fumbles and interceptions would cost him on payday.

Gregg Williams Returns

Williams was banned from the NFL indefinitely after news of his involvement in a bounty system with the New Orleans Saints. The ban was lifted a few days ago and Williams joined the Tennessee Titans’ coaching staff as a senior assistant defensive coach.

Giant Changes

While the Yankees were fairly quiet during the offseason, being unusually frugal, the Giants are going about a similar quest with a different philosophy. The Giants have released a few big names, including running back Ahmad Bradshaw and defensive tackle Chris Canty as they look to free up cap space for the offseason.


If you would like to hear my thoughts on any other offseason news from the past week, feel free to contact me via my blog’s Facebook page or my Twitter account, @cpuffnfl.

No comments:

Post a Comment